Thursday, December 2, 2010

Running off on a Tangent

I was originally gong to post part 2 of Time. . But I'm easily distracted:)

I love the Doctor. He's the best idea since sliced bread. He’s the Lord of Time. And unfortunately, the last one.

I was watching reruns of "The Last of the Time Lords' and had to stop the video when the Doctor wept for the Master. He was the sort of man who forgave his arch-enemy because they were the last time lords in existence. The Doctor held this silly hope that he and the Master world spend the rest of eternity together, locked up, "finally in peace or battling across the stars.

He just didn't want to be alone.

The depth of loneliness, I just couldn't fathom it. It broke my heart.

Imagine being the very last human being in the Universe. The whole of the universe, 156 billion light years, countless different worlds and peoples and lives; and not a single one like you. If I could comprehend that notion, that idea even a fraction of it in my head… to be the last of your kind. I'd go mad with loneliness too. And it isn't even the worst for US because we're human. We'll live at the most a hundred years, then we can surrender to sweet death. Can the Doctor?

Not unless he was trying to. He's the Doctor, a Time Lord, he doesn't die just like that. And he’s not a coward. He wouldn’t give up on life. So he lives on. He remembers. He carries the burden of an entire species on his shoulders.

Imagine the horror, the despair, the pain. The survivors guilt.

Above all, the loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment