Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cleaning Up Toronto

Location: 5 minutes before bell ringing at HBSS, Physics Summer School

Music: All of The Above- Hillsong- Solution

Mood: Meh

You may know that the City of Toronto’s city workers have striked due to many important reasons; which I agree with completely.  And if you want an explanation, ask Mrs. Bevan- she’s awesome. (Yea, here I go with awesome again). On the other hand, it’s great for city workers- awful for city. Makes us think about how hard they really work. When I stepped into Downtown Toronto, all I saw was garbage, and more garbage.

City of Toronto/City of Garbage.

So Mr. Krstovic, my awesomely (I need a new word to obsess on) awesome (I know) Chemistry teacher and I tried to put together a clean up of Toronto. We’re not trying to offend the workers or anything, just kind of clean up because of how disgusting it was. Anyways, not a lot of people actually want to clean up the city- which makes sense, I mean yea- who wants to spend Canada Day cleaning up TO ? I got my dear twin Sloane to help us plan… but we basically ended up having me, Dale and Mr. Krstovic- and Mrs. Bevan joining us later on, and all we did was simply pick up garbage around the city, by Dundas Square, City Hall and Eaton Centre. In three hours and change (that’s sound oddly right), we managed to collect 11 big black garbage bags FULL OF LITTER!! What really annoyed me was people handing out random things in the middle of the city, and everyone simply throwing it on the ground. They weren’t helpful at all. Well, they have to do their job right?

All in all, it was cool- China Town was just disgusting though, with the garbage everywhere. Nevertheless, I though it was a nice place, considering I’ve never been there before. I had a lot of fun, and I could see the results instantaneously! If 3 people in 3 hours could pick up 11 bags! Imagine 10 groups of 3! That would be like 110 bags!

Now I’m thinking of a bigger clean up… let’s go people! We have work to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment